Holiday, wellness and culture in front of a splendid Alpine panorama…
The hotel is located on the banks of the Forggensee, the guests are presented with a panorama view of the Alps and the Neuschwanstein castle. The city centre, which calls itself the “romantic soul of Bavaria”, is only two kilometres away. Rightly so: Besides the breath-taking natural scenery, the historical old city with its festival theatre, state gallery and city museum has a comprehensive cultural programme in store, which makes the Allgäuer Königswinkel become an internationally sought-after destination. In the Hotel Sommer, guests can combine the fascinating surroundings with the regenerative energy of the wellness activities and thus spend a really successful holiday.
The Sommer family offers guests looking for regeneration not only an alternative practitioner but also personal coaching – that means that during all active and relaxation techniques like pilates, yoga or Nordic walking, there is always an experienced trainer for the needs of all guest taking part. Special training of technique is provided for mountain bike fans. Those who prefer to go more slowly can resort o the hotel’s own bicycles for rent and cycle around the countryside on their own initiative. In the wellness area, even couples get their money’s worth: Special offers like the romantic spa suite, honeymoon specials or singing bowl therapy are as if made for the time spent together.
- adventure swimming pool, outdoor salt water swimming pool with heating and sun deck, open all year
- sauna world with foot baths, aroma steam cabin with saline inhalations, Finnish sauna, eco-sauna, infrared deep heat cabin and separate open air area, drinking fountain with invigorating water from the Grander, new panorama rest area
- Vital-Bistro with fire place
- massage, packs and baths – from Asian therapies and treatments to western methods using local healing ingredients (hay stamp massage, packs with peat and alpine herbs)
- single treatments or wellness packets
- cardio training machines by Life Fitness, mobility programe, water gymnastics, Nordic Walking, guided bicycle and hiking tours. The hotel has bicycles for hire.
- New: Performance diagnostics with personal fitness training plan.
The house offers ladies and gentlemen high quality cosmetic treatments for the whole body, with products by Dr. Grandel, according to individual wishes and requirements.
Royal Bavarian castles of Neuschwanstein, Hohenschwangau and Linderhof; Garmisch-Partenkrichen with Germany’s highest peak ‘Zugspitze’; World Heritage Site „Wieskirche“ pilgrimage church; Abbey of Ettal; Lake Constance and island of Mainau; Munich; Insbruck.
Sommers Restaurant, Restaurant Schwanenritter, Wagnerstube, Füssener Stube, Königswinkel, Lobby and Hotelbar
All the restaurants in the ‘Sommer’ hotel boast a comfortable atmosphere created by their courteous staff. The restaurants include the following venues: Modern and elegant front-cooking restaurant ‘Schwanenritter’; wood-furnished ‘Wagnerstube’ equipped with a cockle stove; ‘Füssener Stube’ and ‘Königswinkel’ are furnished in old Allgaeu Style; an English winter garden for all guests who appreciate bright an open rooms with a view; the hotel lobby is the centre of the ‘Sommer’ and provides guests with espresso, beer on tap, and drinks.