Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Abhyanga - A full body massage using warm oil – a form of Ayurveda therapy
The Abhyanga massage, also known as extensive oiling in the western world, is a form of Ayurvedic massage. Abhyanga is a full body massage using oil and is applied by two massage therapists working in sync but it can also be done by one massage therapist using both hands.
Abhyanga can be experienced as an element of Ayurveda therapy or as a wellness treatment only. After an individual consultation with the therapist, oils and herbs are chosen to suit the client’s needs. In most cases the oils consist of a base oil like sesame oil with added essential herbs. During the Abhyanga massage, a large amount of warm oil is spread over the entire body including the scalp, ears and feet. After an Ayurveda massage, it is said that all the essential herbs are absorbed by the body, which is excellent for your health.
The benefits of Abhyanga massage can be divided into three areas. The first area concentrates on easing tension and encourages physical relaxation of the body. The second area of the treatment focuses on promoting a healthy mind. Inner barriers are eased and relaxed. The third dimension of Abhyanga massage concentrates on the medical benefits that the essential herbs used in the massage oil give when applied to the body.
Overall, the aim of Abhyanga treatment is to encourage the removal of toxins from the body, stimulate visual function, aid restful sleep, encourage beautiful skin, enhance the immune system and improve general health. It is not recommended for people who suffer from depression, are overweight or for those who are fasting or have a digestive condition.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Wellnesshotels Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Spa hotel in Saarland - Germany
- Spa Break in Baden-Wurttemberg
- Wellness regions
- at the North & Baltic Sea area
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse