Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Electrotherapy is a term for a medical treatment using electric power. Here the doctor or physiotherapist treats a body part or several body parts with different forms of power. A distinction is made between galvanic, low, medium and high frequency power. Galvanic power has a soothing effect through the movement of electrically charged ions (positive and negative ions) which can support the healing process in the tissue by encouraging a better blood circulation and improving the metabolism.
Low frequency power stimulates nerve and muscle fibres and encourages the muscles to tighten. This is particularly effective when treating weak or partly paralysed muscles, where function can be maintained and any further weakness avoided.
The medium frequency power focuses (depending on the treatment) on a soothing or stimulating effect with the muscle contracting and then relaxing. Blood circulation increases, swelling will be reduced and the muscles relax.
The high frequency therapy warms tissue located deep in the body. It also stimulates blood flow, soothes pain and stabilises muscle relaxation.
Electrotherapy is used to treat pain of the musculoskeletal system, muscle relaxation and muscle strain, muscle weakness, paralysation as well as incontinence or any weakness of the pelvic floor muscles.
If the treatment is not carried out professionally, (e.g. too high a dose), electrotherapy can cause skin damage, or make any existing inflammation worse. Electrotherapy is not advisable if there is metal in the body, acute inflammation, thrombosis or an open wound to the skin.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Wellnesshotels Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Spa hotel in Saarland - Germany
- Spa Break in Baden-Wurttemberg
- Wellness regions
- at the North & Baltic Sea area
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse