Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Reiki - Healing transfer of energy through gentle placing of hands
The Japanese word ‘reiki’ is very often translated to ‘universal vital energy’.
Reiki is a very old healing method which is mentioned in the old Sanskrit-sutras more than 2,500 years ago. The method was rediscovered in the 19th century by Doctor Mikao Usui. Since then it has also been called the Reiki Usui-system. It is based on the idea that universal vital energy can be transferred from one human to another through the laying of hands. Reiki is referred to as a cosmic and‘universe flowing through’ energy. This concept of a universal energy is well known in many cultures. In Christianity it is known as the pneuma, in Egypt as ka and Hippocrates as nature’s healing power.
Reiki balances body and mind. Reiki theory works on the physical, spiritual, emotional and psychological level, with an aim of self-healing. Along the centre of the body there are seven energy fields– the chakras. Through the placing of hands, vital energy is transferred and the energy flow is activated. The person undertaking the Reiki treatment is considered only as a channel for the energy and becomes stronger after the treatment rather than losing energy. Reiki is very relaxing and has a similar affect on the body as a massage or autogenic training. During the session the patient lays fully clothed on a mat. The Reiki master then places their hands on the forehead to become attuned to the client. Hands are placed on the head, neck, chest, shoulder, hips and the lower back to supply the chakras with energy.
According to Doctor Usui, the energy is generally autonomic. During the healing process, it flows automatically to the area where it is needed and still works even when the client doesn't believe in the benefits of the treatment. Reiki is not religion or a belief, which means everyone can practise it, whatever their ideology. Currently there is no scientific evidence of the efficiency of Reiki.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse