Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Callanetics - A gym programme to strengthen the deeper muscles
In the early eighties, a gym style developed by the American Callan Pinckney became a worldwide trend. It was based on her ballet training and the aim was to help people, who were not necessarily fit or used to exercise, have a great figure in a short period of time. Callanetics is a combination of gymnastics, yoga and ballet, and focuses on problem areas like the stomach, legs and bottom.
The exercises consist of small, precise and slow movements, which are repeated up to 100 times. This results in an improved posture as well as better flexibility. Beginners are advised to start with 10-20 repetitions and increase slowly up to a maximum of 100 repetitions.
A combination of callanetics and an endurance exercise like power walking is particularly effective.
When practising callanetics, there is no requirement for machines or music because the exercises do not need to be done in a certain rhythm. It is advisable to join a group with an instructor to ensure the exercises are done correctly.
A classic callanetics’ programme does not involve a warm up, so it is recommended to include a few warm up elements to reduce the risk of injury. Beginners should increase the amount of repetitions slowly and include small breaks to avoid overworking of the muscles.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse