Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Many women tend to have redness and extended capillaries around the nose. In particular, the face and blood vessels are exposed to climatic influences like UV light, heat, wind and the cold. When the skin is warm, the capillaries dilate, allowing blood to come to the surface to cool the skin. If the skin is then exposed to very cold temperatures, it will cause the capillaries to restrict. This redness to the skin is known as couperose skin.
Couperose skin is quite often caused by a weakness of the tissue. The fine capillaries are not strong enough or don’t get the support from the surrounding tissue. The veins don’t get any pressure from outside and therefore they extend and appear as fine lines on the skin. The increased blood in the capillaries is pushing against the vascular skin, making the appearance of red vessels worse.
Dry skin is more prone to couperose skin because dry skin doesn’t have the natural acidic protection as normal or oilier skins and so isn’t as well protected against temperature changes.
If the blood vessels continue to have an increased amount of blood, they will appear as a blue and red web on the cheeks, nose and chin. The constant pressure of the congested blood in the vessels makes them porous and can cause inflammation. This dermatological skin condition is known as rosacea. Smoking, exposure to the sun, the use of solariums etc. leads to an increase of free radicals causing even more inflammation. This inflammation of the fine vessels eventually appears as small or medium sized spots on the skin.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse