Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Mullein Essential Oil
This herbaceous plant originally comes from America. A hardy plant that is just as happy on wasteland as it is in fields. Mullein essential oil is made by extracting and pressing the seeds from the flower of Evening Primrose (Oenothera Biennis). The most valuable seeds are found in the small, long shaped capsules, which grow in the yellow blossom and have an intensive smell.
Evening primrose oil contains high amounts of fatty acids, in particular Linoleic acid and Gamma Linoleic acid. The body is unable to produce these essential fatty acids and need to be introduced via our food. Gamma Linoleic acid is particularly oily and has an anti-inflammatory effect on the body. Mullein essential oil contains different amino acids and vitamin E.
Mullein essential oil can be ingested or applied to the body externally with excellent results. For a dry skin a mild lipid balancing cream with herbal oils like mullein essential oil is advisable. The oil can be applied undiluted to the skin. The skin becomes smooth and is more able to maintain moisture. In Particular, mature skin has shown to respond well to treatment using mullein essential oil giving excellent results.
Mullein essential oil is great for the complexion when added to an oily bath. ‘Spreitbäder’ stays on the surface of the water and creates a film on the skin, relieving the itching caused by eczema or psoriasis. Mullein essential oil is also used in treating cradle cap by dabbing the affected area with the oil.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Wellnesshotels Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at Germanys North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse