Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
The desire to stop the ageing process or even reverse it is probably as old as the human race. Every breath, every digestion, every heart beat and every operation leave traces on our bodies. Ageing is something that happens to all of us but the rate in which it occurs can vary enormously. Your biological age will depend on your personal level of fitness and mental state. Researchers have found a variety of ageing characteristics that can help define our personal biological age. These include hormones, vitamin and mineral levels, bone density, breathing capacity, personal fitness and much more.
The most common diseases in the 21st century are age related, such as cardiovascular disorders, osteoporosis, dementia and cancer. Anti-ageing techniques can help delay the ageing process, stop or even reverse it.
Anti-ageing always starts with our personal choices. A balanced diet and enough exercise are the basis for a healthy lifestyle. Maintaining a healthy weight and having an adequate supply of micronutrients are fundamental to healthy ageing. Many studies prove that regular exercise can prevent cardiovascular illnesses as well as osteoporosis and dementia. Risk factors like smoking, alcohol, over-exposure to the sun or electromagnetic effects on the body, caused by mobile phones, should be avoided. Therefore, free radicals have a significant impact on the ageing process. Scientists say that these aggressive oxygen compounds speed up the ageing process because the body changes them into toxins and so smoking or over-exposure to the sun should be avoided. These free radicals normally become harmless with a good supply of vitamin C, E and beta-carotene.
Stress can also have an impact on the ageing process. Therefore, it is not only a balanced diet and physical activity that play an essential role in fighting the ageing process, it is also important to find mental balance.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse