Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Detoxing is fashionable with celebrities and is becoming a popular choice for the rest of us to cleanse the body from excessive food, nicotine or alcohol and pollutants found in air and water. These substances are not only toxic but stay in the body as toxins and they bind fats. Whether or not the scrum and toxins are stored in the body is scientifically disputed. The expression ‘detox’ has become more and more popular over the years and is used in the cosmetic industry to sell teas, shower gels, shampoos and nutritional supplements. They claim to help the body to rid itself of harmful toxins. However, scientific studies grade these products as ineffective, and in some cases, unhealthy.
However, periods of sacrifice or fasting to clear the system have been found to be beneficial and increase a sense of wellbeing. Traditional methods are to avoid alcohol and nicotine, have a healthy diet, enjoy exercise and get a good night’s sleep.
Nutritionally it is important to avoid acidic food like meat, eggs and dairy products, as well as sugar. Coffee and black tea should also be steered clear of, along with fruit and vegetables that have been sprayed with any form of pesticides, especially root vegetables, spinach and apples.
The day can start, for example, with a glass of warm water with a dash of lemon and honey. During the day it is recommended to drink plenty of water, hot water with ginger or herbal tea. This helps the body to rid itself of harmful toxins.
A day in the sauna can also help with the detoxing process. The heat opens up the skin’s pores and toxins are transported out of the body. A combination of a salt rub or a brush massage can increase the effect.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse