Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Like the haulage contractor, Sebastian Kneipp, Johann Schroth (1798-1856) tested his treatments on himself. He noticed that sick animals refused food and drastically reduced fluid consumption. Consequently, he assumed that the body’s immune system and self-healing power are activated through fasting. Fasting allows the body to recover in a natural way from the inside.
The Johann Schroth healing method is based on four rules:
Schroth drinking regulation
Relaxation and exercise
The Schroth diet is the main element of the Schroth cure. Food should be easy to digest to speed up the digestive process. Cooked or steamed vegetables and puréed fruit are easier to digest than raw food. Rice, pearl barley, seeds, semolina, dried plums and apricots and special cure cakes are also offered.
Guests will be woken up every morning (except Sundays) around 4am by a specially trained person who will serve a hot herbal tea. Approximately ten minutes later the body is wrapped in a cold linen sheet and covered with dry warm blankets. To speed up the warming process, three hot water bottles are added to the wrap. The wrap strengthens the immune system, soothes, helps ease tension and relaxes the organs.
Following medical advice, healing water, teas, fruit juices as well as dry natural white and red wines are offered. This leads to intense tissue drainage and stimulates the self-healing process. Both relaxation and exercise, preferably in the fresh air, contribute to an optimum recovery of the body and mind.
The Schroth cure can be used to treat diabetes, heart disease, gout, weight and digestive disorders, skin irritations, as well as migraine, high blood pressure and circulation problems. It is recommended that the Schroth cure is carried out by a cure doctor who will create an individual cure plan and is there to offer any advice.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at Germanys North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse