Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
As far back as the Middle Ages water irrigation has been one of the most important healing methods around. It is just as important nowadays as it was then to cleanse the body from toxins.
Colon hydrotherapy is a special form of irrigation. It cleanses the colon by using water to wash out any toxins in the body.
During the colon hydrotherapy treatment the patient lays down comfortably on their back on a sofa. A small plastic tube is inserted into the rectum and water is then passed through the tube. The temperature should be between 21 and 41 degrees to induce any intestinal activity to wash out any old residue. The water and the loosened intestinal content will be led out through a closed system. That way neither the patient nor the therapist is exposed to any unpleasant side effects e.g. smells.
A gentle abdominal massage accompanies the colon hydrotherapy. It helps identify any problematic areas of induration in the intestines. The massage starts in the lower left part of the tummy and continues parallel to the colon to the right lower part of the tummy. Subsequently oxygenated water will be flushed through the colon. That way the healthy colon bacteria will be supplied with both nourishment and energy.
There is no scientific evidence for any positive benefits of this therapy on diseases. Therefore, the treatment is not covered by health insurance companies. However, supporters of this treatment believe that colon hydrotherapy has a long term affect on the colon to stimulate activity and that it is a helpful way to detoxify the body.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse
- Holidays at Moselle river
- Holidays at Nahe river
- Holidays in Westerwald
- Holidays in the Black Forest
- Holidays in Tyrol | Austria
- Alpine Spa in Allgäu | Bavaria
- Wellness Bavarian Forest
- Spa Holidays in Upper Bavaria