Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Cardio training is cardiovascular training, also known as endurance training. By doing endurance activities like swimming, walking, cycling or running over a long period of time the heart rate increases, performance is improved, the cardiovascular system is strengthened and the fat burning process is encouraged. Cardio training can either be done in the open air or on a treadmill or a cross trainer in the gym.
Cardio training is a very important activity for all ages, for any fitness level, to stay healthy for as long as possible. Regular cardio training helps prevent heart disease, obesity and diabetes.
It is recommended to consult a GP or a sports physician for advice to avoid exhaustion or injury. The elderly and those who are severely overweight are advised to do low impact exercises like walking, Nordic walking, cycling or aqua gym because there is less strain on the joints. Heart rate monitors can help to avoid overexertion. Training should also be increased slowly to prevent injury.
As well as improving endurance, regular cardio training can also help burn fat. The training pulse is much lower when burning fat than it is for endurance training.
Regular cardio training has a number of positive effects on the body’s health, both physically and psychologically. For example, increased lung capacity, a stronger immune system, a lower cholesterol level, a better ability to concentrate as well as improved sleep and an improved recovery time after illness.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse