Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Like many other fitness trends, aqua fitness was developed in the US and came to Germany at the beginning of the nineties.
Aqua fitness isn’t all about just transferring your usual exercises to water, it’s also important to use the resistance of the water. Exercises are carried out in, with and against the water.
If aqua fitness is done correctly, it can help prevent disease, support rehabilitation and is a fantastic way to keep fit. It can also support the cardiovascular system and improve the metabolism.
Aqua fitness requires a good level of physical strength to be able to push against the pressure of the water, which has a positive effect on the blood vessels and heart. It also improves the efficiency of the organs, which are important for breathing, and can reduce the heart rate by between five and ten beats per minute.
Exercising in water protects the joints from injury because our body weight is supported by the water as it has a higher density than air. At the same time, the resistance of the water improves muscle strength and endurance because it requires up to twelve times more strength to exercise in water than on land. Aqua fitness is also a good place to start exercising for those who are overweight because the water supports some of the weight, making it less exhausting
Exercising in the pool can also be more effective than other endurance training, because the body constantly tries to keep the body temperature at a certain level resulting in calorie burn.
There are not many situations when aqua training wouldn’t be advised. However, if you have suffered from a recent heart attack, a slipped disc, a neurological disease or any other medical condition, it is essential to obtain advice from your GP prior to exercising. It is also important to inform the instructor of any injuries or illnesses so that the exercises can be adjusted to suit individual requirements.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse