Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Breathing therapy has an ancient tradition. In China, breathing therapy was used as a technique to treat illnesses long before acupuncture. Advice for breathing therapies was found inside pyramids and in the Old Testament.
In our health system, breathing therapy is offered with two different emphases. Physiotherapists mainly focus on treating illnesses around breathing therapy. Most physical breathing therapy is carried out in hospitals and physiotherapist practices. The idea is to strengthen lung function and to train the muscles. This is particularly important for patients with asthma, chronic bronchitis and cystic fibrosis.
Another approach considers breathing therapy as a process in which the patient becomes more aware of their breathing habits. Here the focus is on the breath for prevention and rehabilitation purposes. It is usually a long-term process and should become part of the patient’s personal development. This form of breathing therapy belongs to the alternative healing methods. Supporters believe that breathing is the most intense process in the body on every level.
Specific breathing exercises also heighten sensitivity. Breathing movements are experienced consciously and deeper muscles are trained to relax. In general the therapist aims to strengthen self-reliance and to help the patient deal better with stress. The therapist can also help with any psychological difficulties that may arise during the session.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at Germanys North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse