Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Mindfulness - MBSR a well know method for stress reduction
Mindfulness means living in the moment and perceiving impressions with all senses without valuating them.
Being mindful is an ancient tradition, which is rooted in Buddhism. In the western world, the concept of mindfulness was introduced by the American medical doctor John Kabat-Zinn in 1970. The Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a non-religious kind of meditation. This form of medicine counts as one of the most researched meditation techniques, which is why it is more and more incorporated in psychotherapy and coaching.
While doing MBSR, the patient completely focuses on the present situation. How do I feel? What do I taste and what do I smell? Where are my thoughts? All those questions are answered without valuation. Through this process an automatic reaction about a situation is interrupted and one gets aware of different kinds to approach certain situations. This method helps to deal with daily stress and leads to more relaxation. It is proven that this technique in combination with yoga does have positive effects on our body. Already after a few weeks of living more mindfully the body reduces the production of stress hormones, users have lower blood pressure, muscles relax and the immune system is strengthened.
One can learn how to live mindfully in a 8 weeks mindfulness training developed by Kabat-Zinn and also in different seminars, which are offered in wellness hotels. The 8 weeks lasting training is an option for people fighting depressions, fears, headaches or heart diseases. In the shorter mindfulness seminars guests learn how to incorporate mindfulness in everyday life.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Wellnesshotels Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at Germanys North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse