Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
The Feldenkrais method is based on a pedagogical concept of movement with an aim to correct posture and movement disorders.
Moshé Feldenkrais (1904-1984) was a physicist and an enthusiastic judo devotee. A persistent knee injury encouraged him to explore awareness techniques through self-observation. He taught himself a different form of walking which enabled him to move around pain free.
Moshé Feldenkrais emphasised that his method was not a treatment which prevented or treated diseases but was more a method to generally improve life quality. It strengthened self- awareness and as a positive side effect, it could sometimes improve symptoms of diseases.
The idea behind the Feldenkrais method is not to treat per se but to educate. In general it starts with a one to one session where the student has a passive role and the teacher shows the student how to move. In a group session the student is asked to actively carry out the movements himself. The aim is to increase awareness of the movements. It is necessary that the student continues to practise the exercises alone to achieve long term results.
The Feldenkrais method can be used in various fields. It first starts with an improvement in movement techniques. Therefore, the Feldenkrais method is quite often used in cases of pain and movement disorders. In general it leads to an improved posture and coordination. It is also great for relaxation and stress relief.
On a subconscious level, the Feldenkrais method has an effect on personal development and emotional wellbeing by improving learning ability and increasing self-esteem and self-acceptance. Overall it gives greater flexibility to the body in both a physical and psychological sense.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse
- Holidays at Moselle river
- Holidays at Nahe river
- Holidays in Westerwald
- Holidays in the Black Forest
- Holidays in Tyrol | Austria
- Alpine Spa in Allgäu | Bavaria
- Wellness Bavarian Forest
- Spa Holidays in Upper Bavaria