Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Fango pack - treatments using hot mineral mud
Using heat in treatments is a very old method, which can calm and relax as well as stimulate the metabolism and improve circulation.
The word fango originates from Italian, which means healing mud. There are two types of fango, organic and inorganic. Organic fango consists of thermal spring water, clay or mud, algae and micro organisms and needs to ripen in a basin for about three to six months. Organic fango can be reused again in the ripening process.
The inorganic healing mud is composed of volcanic rock, which is ground and mixed with thermal spring water to create a mud. This non recyclable method is the most common.
Prior to the treatment, the fango is mixed with water to create a paste and heated to forty or fifty degrees Celsius. The paste is then spread onto the sore area and wrapped tightly in towels, cling film and blankets to allow the area to warm up.
The mud retains the heat for a long time; the body starts to perspire, the blood circulates well and the body absorbs the minerals from the fango. It is also possible to add algae, which encourages the body to heal itself, giving additional relaxation.
It is recommended to have a massage after a fango treatment because the muscles are nicely loosened and it will have a greater regenerating effect on the body.
Fango packs can be used for a number of ailments, ranging from general discomfort to specific sports injuries. These include back, neck and shoulder problems, chronic joint inflammation or rheumatism. Fango packs can also sooth period pains, neurodermatitis, psoriasis or eczema.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse