Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
In every culture people are aware that warmth soothes pain, loosens tension and cleanses the body. It can be used over the whole body or just over specific areas. Warmth even contributes to psychological wellbeing.
Regular use of an infrared sauna has many health benefits. It has a positive impact on the body’s ability to heal itself; it increases body strength and helps relaxation.
When using an infrared sauna, the blood vessels expand, improving circulation; the heart rate increases, enhancing cell supply.
The enhanced blood circulation and the heat in the muscles ease tension and any joint irritation. The entire musculoskeletal system is strengthened.
An infrared sauna will also cause the body to sweat, allowing toxins to disperse. The stimulating effect on the sweat glands encourages a cleansing effect on the skin; the increased blood circulation improves elasticity, resulting in softer skin.
The temperature in an infrared sauna is usually between 23 and 36 degrees Celsius and it is recommended to spend about 30 minutes in the sauna. After treatment, the body should rest for five minutes. A warm shower is then recommended to clean the toxins from the top layers of the skin followed by drinking at least half a litre of water. Eating fruit helps the body to normalise calcium levels.
Infrared saunas help the body and soul to relax. Preventive health care and improving vitality are the priority.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse