Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
The ‘Five Tibetans’
The ‘Five Tibetans’ were mentioned for the first time in a book published in approximately 1939, which was dedicated to the American globetrotter Peter Kelder. However, only the 1989 US edition by Harry R. Lynn has been proven. It describes the journey of Colonel Bradley, a retired officer, who was looking for everlasting youth while spending time in a monastery in the Himalayas. A few years later he turned remarkably younger, crediting it to the special rituals and exercises which helped him to rejuvenate his body and mind.
However, these supposedly ancient traditional exercises are completely unknown to Tibetans.
The name ‘Five Tibetans’, also called ‘Five Tibetan Rites’, stands for a sequence of five physical exercises: the circle, the candle, the half moon, the bridge and the mountain, which keeps the body and mind healthy. These include a combination of gymnastics and yoga like exercises as well as a particular breathing technique. The aim of the ‘Five Tibetans’ is to improve the health and vitality of every human being with regard to both the physical and spiritual wellbeing. The traditional theory behind the ‘Five Tibetans’ allows a person to regenerate the energy reservoir and to gain strength, which fades during daily life.
The performance of the ‘Five Tibetans’ is quite straightforward. The daily practice of the ‘Five Tibetan’ exercises is important and should start with three repetitions of every exercise, which is increased every week up to a maximum of 21 repetitions per exercise.
The ‘Five Tibetan Rites’ are practised by an increasing number of people due to the recommendations of doctors, gyms and wellness hotels.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse