Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
The Wacker-Method - fasting cure consciously avoiding acid-forming food
A fasting cure developed by Sabine Wacker in 1997, where users consciously avoid acid-forming food for a limited amount of time. Positive side effects here are a deacidification of the body and weight loss.
While fasting one can eat the following food products:
- Nuts (Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts etc.)
- High quality oils like olive oil
Acid-forming food products like:
- White flour
- Alcohol and
are taboo while fasting. Furthermore, one should drink between 2.5 and 3 litres a day. Suitable are spring waters and herbal teas. Up to 2 or 3 days before starting the fast, one should stop drinking coffee and other caffeinated drinks to reduce withdrawal symptoms.
While fasting, you should eat dinner before 6pm and avoid raw vegetables and fruits after 2pm, as this is better for the metabolism. Cooked food is therefore advisable in the evening.
The share of fruits shouldn't be higher than 20% each day. Fruits and vegetables need to be ripe in order to be metabolised basically. Also, you shouldn't use many spices as they irritate the gustatory nerves and a feeling of fullness comes in much later.
Ideally, the detox cure lasts 10 days. Important: Pregnant women or people with an eating disorder should not take a base-fasting-cure.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Wellnesshotels Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Spa hotel in Saarland - Germany
- Spa Break in Baden-Wurttemberg
- Wellness regions
- at the North & Baltic Sea area
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse