Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
In many far-eastern cultures the herbal-stamp massage is an integral part of traditional healing methods. In the Indian healing arts of Ayurveda for example herbal stamp massages belong to the typical treatments including various oils. They are called Pinda Sveda or Pinda Sweda. But also the traditional Thai massage includes the herbal-stamp massages ever since.
Independent from its origin, the massage focuses on humans as a whole: Not only physical complaints but also the mental component plays an important role. The herbal-stamp massage is therefore not only relaxing but also dissolves blockades and is said to harmonise the 'doshas'. 'Doshas' play an important role in the Ayurvedan school of thought. It is said that the doshas regulate the constitution of humans and their physical and mental well-being.
The massage takes place on a comfortable lounger or in a Thai massage studio on a mattress. While the Thais use water to heat the herbal-stamps, the Ayurvedan technique includes heating the herbal-stamps in oil. Also during the massage the herbal-stamps are reheated for maximum effectiveness.
The composition of the herbal-stamps can vary from guest to guest as they are adjusted to their individual needs. There are for example compositions for deceleration, for detoxification and for regeneration. Amber, lime blossoms and valerian have a calming effect while a combination of Melissa leaves, Chamomile and lemon is refreshing and stimulating.
When deciding for an herbal-stamp massage guests should calculate enough time as those massages take longer than classic ones.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse
- Holidays at Moselle river
- Holidays at Nahe river
- Holidays in Westerwald
- Holidays in the Black Forest
- Holidays in Tyrol | Austria
- Alpine Spa in Allgäu | Bavaria
- Wellness Bavarian Forest
- Spa Holidays in Upper Bavaria