Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Tai Chi chuan
Tai chi is an art of movement with meditative character originally invented in China as a martial art. Tai Chi Chuan means ‘the highest ultimate’ or ‘the supreme ultimate fist’. Nowadays it is mainly practised for its more pleasant health benefits, like relaxation or meditation. The original purpose of this martial art fades into the background and sometimes disappears completely.
The foundation of Tai chi is built on 13 different kinds of movement or movement principles. Every movement principle is composed of an extremely slow meditative sequence of slow and powerful body movements which flow from one to another and combines awareness and breathing. It is essential to be concentrated, patient and persistent until a perfect movement is achieved. The aim of these exercises is to release blocked energy, to balance the body, mind and soul, to reduce aggression and to achieve calmness.
Not only does Tai chi work our muscles and limbs, it also focuses on our concentration and endurance. The exercise stimulates heart circulation and alleviates stress.
Tai chi has its origin in holistic Chinese medicine. We are made of body, mind and spirit and because of this it is important to give the body what it needs, namely exercise. This exercise should be as natural and flowing as possible. The adjusted and gentle form of movement is meant to keep the joints supple. If the movements are practised correctly in coordination with the breathing, it activates the Qi. For the Chinese, Qi symbolises vital energy.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse