Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Massages are offered everywhere in hotels, on markets and beaches in Thailand. In Southeast Asia, they are a natural part of daily life to maintain good health and prevent disease. Family members and friends massage each other. The original Thai name for the traditional Thai massage is Nuad Phaen Boran which means ‘ancient healing touch’.
It is an ancient massage method, but it originates from India rather than Thailand. It was developed many thousands of years ago by Buddhist friars, possibly for relaxation after long meditation sessions. Friars who migrated from India to Myanmar brought this style of massage to ancient Siam. Even nowadays, the Thai massage is related to Buddhism. Quite often massage schools are located in temples. It is essential that the masters know the art of awareness, serenity, empathy and happiness.
A Thai massage is a powerful and dynamic treatment. It is carried out with the patient lying on a mat, wearing lose, comfortable clothes. Based on the theory of yoga, expanding and stretching techniques are used on all of the muscles, encouraging blood circulation to the skin, tissues and muscles. It is always a full body treatment with the aim of giving deep relaxation. The treatment was founded on the ayurvedic principle of energy lines. Ten of those are worked on during a Thai massage. The vital energy known as prana is distributed throughout the body. Prana is also responsible for breathing. Enhanced breathing can be achieved by stretching, which also relaxes the muscles. At the same time, pressure massages encourage blood circulation. It also has a positive effect on flexibility and posture.
In Thailand the classic massage is done to treat ailments like headaches, sickness and constipation, back pain and sleep disorders.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Wellnesshotels Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at Germanys North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse