Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Aromatherapy is a treatment using essential oils for therapeutic reasons. The inhalation of essential oils is the method used in conventional medicine because it has been scientifically recognised.
Essential oils are highly concentrated plant essences which are acquired through steam water distillation, peel pressing or extraction. Its various characteristics and treatment fields result from the numerous ingredients – depending on the oil there can be up to four hundred components in oil.
Essential oils are versatile. They can aid relaxation, improve concentration, purify the air in a room or simply contribute to better wellbeing. Some essential oils have disinfecting qualities that can help prevent colds.
The type of oil used will depend on which type of aromatherapy has been chosen by the practitioner. If a scientifically recognised aromatherapy is used, the choice of oil will depend on what is stated in a pharmaceutical reference guide.
Other forms of aromatherapy use a more intuitive choice of essential oils that orientate towards traditional Chinese medicine; the Yin and Yang principle to find oils which balances both sides.
Essential oils can be dissolved in hot water and drunk for internal treatments, diluted with neutral oil for massages and can be used in a steam inhalation or sprayed in a room.
Aromatherapy can be combined with many other therapies. It is considered complementary when combined with Bach flower therapy.
It is advisable to avoid the use of essential oils when exposed to direct UV sun light or a solarium because it can cause a skin reaction. It is also recommended not to put undiluted essential oils directly onto the skin as it can cause skin irritation or a skin rash.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse
- Holidays at Moselle river
- Holidays at Nahe river
- Holidays in Westerwald
- Holidays in the Black Forest
- Holidays in Tyrol | Austria
- Alpine Spa in Allgäu | Bavaria
- Wellness Bavarian Forest
- Spa Holidays in Upper Bavaria