Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
‘We are the colours we have chosen and they reflect the needs of your life.’ This is the principle behind the holistic Aura-Soma therapy, which was developed in 1984 by an English woman, Vicky Wall (1918-1991), to improve and extend the spiritual, mental and emotional existence.
The word formation Aura -Soma originates from the Latin word aura (meaning gentle breeze or breath) and the ancient Greek word soma (meaning the body). Aura-Soma supporters think that the combination of both these terms already gives a healing vibration. Nowadays, Aura-Soma is a registered trademark of Aura-Soma Products Ltd.
Aura-Soma uses three main products which complement each other:
The 107 equilibrium bottles are the basis of Aura-Soma therapy. Each one represents a part of the soul. Colour is the key to understanding ourselves. You will be asked to choose four equilibrium bottles, depending on how you feel at that moment in time. The first bottle represents your innate gifts and potential, the second for the challenges you face, the third represents the here and now and the fourth for the energy we can expect in the future. Equilibrium is produced from minerals, gemstones, herb and plant extracts. The bi-coloured bottles contain oil in the top part and a diluted liquid in the lower section. Both colours are clearly separated because the oil floats on the surface of the liquid. The intense colour of the balance bottles is achieved using plant additives, mainly vegetables. Just a few drops of this emulsion are applied to the skin. This way the body can absorb the energy from the bottle.
The second important aspect of Aura-Soma therapy is the 15 pomanders (from the Latin pomum meaning scent container). These bottles contain fragrances extracted from 49 different herbs and essential alcohol based oils. Three drops are poured into the left hand and rubbed in with the right. The scent should then be fanned out in the Aura. There are seven different colours available in each pomander, which have a connection to the human chakra.
There are also 15 quintessences, which are part of the equilibrium range. These quintessences have a more intense scent than the pomander and are supposed to have a stronger effect on a spiritual level. They are recommended for use in prayer and meditation.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Wellnesshotels Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Spa hotel in Saarland - Germany
- Spa Break in Baden-Wurttemberg
- Wellness regions
- at the North & Baltic Sea area
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse