Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Bare foot path - A sensuous experience for the feet
The pleasure of a bare foot path can be found in the sensuous experience of walking barefoot over different ground textures like tree pits, pine cones, bark mulch, wood shavings; grass or moss paths. Since the first bare foot path was opened in 1992 in Bad Sobernheim, Germany, there has been an increasing interest in this type of ‘close to nature’ leisure activity.
Regularly carrying out bare foot walking not only gives a sensuous experience, it is also very beneficial for the general health.
Bare foot walks improve blood circulation and the cold stimulates the body to keep warm. This Kneipp effect protects against cold viruses and in the past it was even used to treat tuberculosis.
Bare foot walking strengthens the feet and back because uneven ground challenges our mobility. When bare foot walking, the natural roll of the foot sends important messages to the back muscles to protect the joints and spinal disc.
The improved muscle tension gained through participating in regular bare foot walks support the foot arch and can prevent the development of flat foot and splayfoot resulting in damage to the feet. It can also prevent blood clots in the legs because it increases the blood flow around the calf muscles. Therefore, bare foot walking is a recommended healing method for venous disorders.
In addition to increased physical wellbeing, bare foot walking is also beneficial for the mind because the antidepressant endorphin, which produces calmness, improves self esteem and balance increases through the mechanical stimulation at the eceptors on the soles of the feet.
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Wellnesshotels Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at Germanys North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse