Bare foot path - A sensuous experience for the feet
The pleasure of a bare foot path can be found in the sensuous experience of walking barefoot over different ground textures like tree pits, pine cones, bark mulch, wood shavings; grass or moss paths. Since the first bare foot path was opened in 1992 in Bad Sobernheim, Germany, there has been an increasing interest in this type of ‘close to nature’ leisure activity.
Regularly carrying out bare foot walking not only gives a sensuous experience, it is also very beneficial for the general health.
Bare foot walks improve blood circulation and the cold stimulates the body to keep warm. This Kneipp effect protects against cold viruses and in the past it was even used to treat tuberculosis.
Bare foot walking strengthens the feet and back because uneven ground challenges our mobility. When bare foot walking, the natural roll of the foot sends important messages to the back muscles to protect the joints and spinal disc.
The improved muscle tension gained through participating in regular bare foot walks support the foot arch and can prevent the development of flat foot and splayfoot resulting in damage to the feet. It can also prevent blood clots in the legs because it increases the blood flow around the calf muscles. Therefore, bare foot walking is a recommended healing method for venous disorders.
In addition to increased physical wellbeing, bare foot walking is also beneficial for the mind because the antidepressant endorphin, which produces calmness, improves self esteem and balance increases through the mechanical stimulation at the eceptors on the soles of the feet.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Me time 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Family & Wellness
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Germany’s East Coast
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony Germany - Discovering the North Sea and the Harz
- Cozy Spa getaways in central Germany: Saxony-Anhalt Harz mountains
- Wellness in Northrine-Westphalia
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse | Germany
- Spa Hotels in the West of Germany: Rhineland-Palatinate Historic Westerwald
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at Germany´s North sea coast
- Holidays on Juist island | Northern sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North sea
- Experiencing wellness holidays at the German Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden sea | Germany
- Holidays at HusumNorth sea Germany
- Holidays at Baltic sea | Germany
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Wellness holidays Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on island of Rügen
- Wellness and holidays on island Usedom
- Holidays at Warnemünde Baltic sea
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Wellness weekend Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland region
- Wellness in the Eifel area: Relaxing in picturesque nature
- holidays in the eastern part of Hesse | Germany