Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Tuina Massage - a massage treatment based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine
Tuina massage (Chinese: tui = push; na = grab) is based on traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and dates back even further than acupuncture.
A tuina massage is done after a personal TCM diagnosis has been done. It releases blockages in the qi flow (life energy) in the meridians. Among other things, the massage balances out the principles yin (standing for body fluids and body mass) and yang (standing for body warmth and body power) and strengthens the immune system.
Tuina is based on the AnMo massage technique, the pushing (An) and the stroking (Mo), iwhich includes many other techniques. The techniques include stroking along the muscle and meridian lines (meridians = channel in which the qi flows), the pressing of acupuncture points, rhythmic tapping with the side of the hand and various rolling and rubbing movements. The technique, intensity and speed of the tuina massage will depend on the individual diagnosis.
There is a differentiation between efferent and strengthening massage techniques. Efferent massages encourage the removal of toxins in the body, which are gently carried out against the meridian flow. This has a relaxing effect. The strengthening massage technique is faster and firmer along the meridians, which has a more stimulating effect.
Tuina massage has been proven to be a successful aid in helping osteoarthritis, rheumatism, gastrointestinal disorders, migraine and exhaustion. A particularly gentle form of the tuina massage has been developed for children suffering with digestive problems or attention deficit hyperactivity disorders (ADHD).
Tuina massage should not be used for people suffering with acute infections or injuries, during pregnancy, tumours or severe osteoporosis.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse