Little ABC for your spa-break questions ...
In their treatment discriptions, wellness hotels often use technical terms, which are hard to understand for potential guests. We have therefore collected and defined the most relevant terms in our small wellness ABC. A tip: Our wellness dictionary also supports word requests. You don't need to know the exact wording.
Applied kinesiology is a technique to diagnose illnesses by testing the strength of muscles. It was developed in the sixties by the American chiropractor George Goodheart. The technique was founded on the idea that muscle strength is related to certain organs of the body as well as corresponding to the mind and emotions. Diseases, food intolerances and stress affect corresponding muscles and become weak. Negative thoughts, psychological stress or an unbalanced energy flow also weaken the muscles. Applied kinesiology has some similarities to traditional Chinese medicine. When the energy flows freely around the body between the meridians, the body will be balanced, the organ under investigation will be healthy and its corresponding muscle will be strong. The system of diagnosis used for medical treatment is based on muscle resistance.
The muscle tests can be carried out in a seating, standing or lying position. The practitioner asks the patient to lift an arm or bend a leg and resist using the target muscle while the practitioner applies pressure on the organ under investigation. If the patient’s muscles can resist the pressure, the organ is seen as healthy, if not, the organ is not functioning normally.
Medical treatment is also worked out through muscle strength. Here the medication as a package or a bottle is placed on the area of the organ followed by a muscle test. The test continues until the correct medication is found. Most of the time homeopathic medication is used.
The therapeutic effect of applied kinesiology therapy has not been proven.
This service is offered by the following hotels
- Spa break for 3 & 6 days
- Beauty packages
- Relaxation packages
- Balance camps
- Active & sports
- Active & biking
- Golf & Wellness
- Active & Yoga
- Time for us
- Time for girl friends
- Time for men
- Mums and daughters
- Holidays in Schleswig-Holstein
- Spa Resorts Mecklenburg Western-Pommerania
- Wellness holidays in Lower Saxony
- Spa getaways Saxony-Anhalt
- Wellness in North Rhine-Westphalia
- Wellness holidays in Brandenburg
- Experiencing Wellness in Hesse
- Spa Hotels Rhineland-Palatinate
- Wellness regions
- Wellness at North Sea
- Holidays on Juist island | North Sea
- Holidays on Norderney island | North Sea
- Experiencing at the Wadden Sea
- Holidays St.Peter-Ording Wadden Sea
- Holidays at Husum | North Sea
- Holidays at Baltic Sea
- Holidays at Kiel Fjord
- Holidays at Holsteinische Schweiz
- Wellness on Rügen island
- Holidays on Usedom island
- Holidays at Warnemünde | Baltic Sea
- Wellness Harz region
- Spa break at Lower Lusatia
- Wellness Münsterland | Germany
- Spa break at Lower-Rhine
- Wellness break Rhineland
- Holidays in Sauerland NRW
- Wellness in the Eifel
- Wellness holidays north Hesse
- Holidays eastern part of Hesse